miércoles, 27 de mayo de 2009

Corner View - Guatemala



I love trees. I have, literally, hugged trees. All main avenues and boulevards are filled with trees, but this (first pic) is my favorite avenue, tree-wise. Driving through it is so cathartic.
It is raining season, the mountains are not very visible in these photos. Around the city you can usually see 3 volcanoes: Agua, Pacaya and Fuego, but not today, is too cloudy. This morning, Pacaya was active. This is my first of hopefully many Corner Views :D
Want to see more cityscapes from other Corner Viewers? Go to Jane's blog.


Amo a los árboles, tanto que alguna vez los he abrazado. Todas las avenidas y bulevares principales están llenos de árboles pero ésta (en la primera foto), es mi avenida de árboles favorita. Manejar en esta avenida es una absoluta catársis.
Ahora estamos en temporada de lluvia, casi no se ven las montañas alrededor de la ciudad. Cuando está un poco menos nublado, se pueden ver 3 volcanes: Agua, Pacaya y Fuego. Hoy en la mañana el de Pacaya estaba haciendo erupción. Esta es la primera de muchas, eso espero, de Corner Views.
¿Querés ver más ciudades de otra gente de Corner View? Miralas en el blog de Jane.

11 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

Amazing view - clouds and all!

I hope "active" isn't tooooo active for your Picaya!

Desiree dijo...

Thank you Kimmie!
The active volcano is not so near to the city, but we can see smoke coming out from it and some nights, red lava in the distance.
The villages around the volcano, do need, sometimes, to leave their homes and go to shelters.

Ian dijo...

I was in Guatemala exactly one year ago today, and loved it. What a beautiful country.

aimee dijo...

oooooh guatemala! and a volcano! how cool - thanks for sharing your corner of the world :)

caitlin dijo...

Very cool! I love that you are a literal tree hugger!

Desiree dijo...

Ian: I'm really glad you liked Guate! I am impressed to see all the places you´ve been, and lets face it, a little jealous :P

Aimee: I saw your corner, Thanks to you too! Really liked the curiousi-tea-cakes origami. ;D

Caitlin: It is a very good thing that someone in the world thinks my tree-hugging is cool, mostly people just assume I´ve gone mental. Really enjoyed your mirror corner view. :D

Crescent Moon dijo...

Welcome to Corner View!
It looks like you are having the same weather we are having. It has rained here in Florida at least part of every day for 2 weeks.

Desiree dijo...

Thank you CrescentMoon!
And yes, it has been raining a lot. Is good because I like the rain but not so good because the weather gets so hot and moisty after... Im pretty sure you guys in Florida know what Im talking about :P

Unknown dijo...

I hug trees too! Me gusta tu corner view, la semana pasada se me escapo!

Jeannette dijo...

How great is that...to have Guatamala in our Corner!
Would love to see the red lava at night...from a save distance. ;)
Have a great day and looking forward to your next Corner View, Jeannette

Desiree dijo...

Hola B! y Gracias! Me gusta tu corner view tambien!

Hey Jeanette! I think I might be going to see the red lava a few weekends from now... promise to take as many photos as I can!