jueves, 4 de junio de 2009

Corner View - The Beach in Guate




OK.. so for this week's Corner View, I was thinking of inventing a sort of "off topic" alternative .
I have no pictures of the beach. It is incredibly embarrassing since we have very nice beaches, here. After thinking about it for a while, I've decided it would be just wrong... so, I've borrowed a photo from someone else and I apologize...

A bit about the beach:
In Guatemala, the beaches from the Pacific Ocean have black sand. Yeap, black.
The sun heats up the sand and it is impossible to walk in it without shoes or sandals, except of course at the very shore where the sand is wet. It is common knowledge and kind of funny, that every time you take a bath in the ocean every single place in your bathing suit will be filled with black sand.
The water is very salty (not as the Dead Sea, but pretty salty even). The water is not calm at all, it is very fightsy, and terrible accidents have been known to happen. It is common to hear someone say "I don't fear the sea, but I respect it", which basically means they've been knocked down by a wave. (I find it hilarious when that happens).
At night, the beach gets crowded with animals: crabs, turtles and many bugs.

If you want to see beaches around the world, or around the corner for that matter, get over to Jane's.

3 comentarios:

Jeannette dijo...

Ok...a romantic stroll on the beach at night in Guate....not gonna happen for me. I´m a real bug magnet. Eeew.
But I would to see the black sandy beach!
Have a great day, Jeannette

;) dijo...

Goog choice for the picture, but... I'ld like to see the black sand !!!

Desiree dijo...

Jeanette you could take that romantic stroll at day! Or maybe at a party at night (bugs really dont like parties :P)

Otli, I will look for a picture where you can see the black sand...

Thank you both for your visit and comment!